Thoughts on this week:
– My cousin had surgery Wednesday to remove the tumor from his brain. It started at 9 a.m. Wednesday and ended around 1 a.m. Thursday morning. It was a nerve-wracking wait, but the doctor thinks he got every bit of the tumor.
– I just want to know what the pet survey results were and if I can get a dog or not.
– I made the best dinners the last two nights. They were fantastic. If I cooked like that every night I might actually enjoy cooking.
– I have been doing a kick ass job at life this month. That feels really really good.
– I took my rings off on Sunday to put lotion on and I have forgotten to wear them every day since. I think this is the longest I have gone without wearing a ring since 2003 when my parents got me a ring for Christmas.
– I have consumed 18.5 gallons of water this month (as of yesterday). The water club (22 people) has consumed 25 gallons. Were I to have joined the club we would only have 2 gallons left for the rest of the month.
– Little bothers me more at work than being denied the opportunity to learn and excel.
– I biked to work four days this week and it was wonderful. The only part I’m not in love with is having to shower a second time each day when I get home from work.
– I woke up not feeling well during the night and I felt crummy all day. I feel like I’m getting a cold in the middle of summer.
– Today was the first day that I have ever hated my job. I’ve been there almost a year though (next week) so it seems reasonable that after a year I would have a day where I dislike it. It boils down to, I don’t want to be mediocre. I want to be awesome. Please don’t ask me to be satisfied with not doing our best work. Especially when we are putting forward a mediocre work product where we have allowed our objectivity and integrity to be compromised by the potential reactions and outcome to it.
– I’m so late to the party and I just started watching Empire. I actually saved it because I don’t watch a lot of tv and I was having trouble keeping up with Jane the Virgin, Nashville, and the Mindy Project all at the same time. So I saved Empire for the summer. I’m obsessed, I also realized I am Cookie.
– I feel like this weekend is going to rush past before I even get a chance to enjoy it!